If you hold a PADI certification but have been away from diving for some time, it’s common to feel that you may have forgotten some of the necessary skills. While these skills aren’t lost completely (same as with riding a bicycle), it’s important to remember that scuba diving is like riding a bicycle underwater, so if you feel cautious, it’s a good thing 😅.
Today we will share how you can refresh your diving skills and knowledge if you are a certified diver in Newfoundland, Canada.
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course for Certified Divers in Newfoundland
So if you haven’t dived for a while, a great way to build up your confidence and your diving skills is to join the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course.
This course is designed to help you get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. The Advanced Open Water course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
5 Adventure Dives for 5 Diving Skills
During the course, you’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives in Newfoundland, including:
- Underwater Navigation: Learn how to use a compass and natural navigation techniques to find your way around underwater.
- Deep Water Diving: Experience the thrill of diving deeper than 18 meters/60 feet while learning about the risks and benefits of deep diving.
- Peak Performance Buoyancy: Learn how to control your buoyancy more effectively, which will help you conserve air and move more efficiently through the water.
- Search and Recovery: Learn how to search for and recover objects using various techniques and tools.
- Wreck Diving: Explore a sunken ship and learn about the history of wrecks.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course will help you become more comfortable in the water. By completing this course, you’ll have more experience and be better prepared to handle a variety of diving situations.
Preparing for your Advanced Open Water Diver Course: A Checklist
There are several steps you can take before taking the course:
- Check your certification: Make sure that you are a certified Open Water Diver or equivalent before enrolling in the course. You must be at least 15 years old.
- Get in touch with us to find out more information about the Advanced Open Water course, and to book your course dates.
- Gather your diving equipment: Ensure that you have all the necessary equipment for the course, such as a mask, fins, regulator, BCD, and dive computer. Check your gear for any signs of wear and tear, and make sure that your dive computer is working correctly. If you need any maintenance, new or rental equipment, visit our service shop at 40 O’Leary Ave, St. John’s, Newfoundland.
- Complete your eLearning: Sign up for the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course, get access to you eLearning, and complete it at your own pace. The eLearning component is highly interactive and will help you feel more prepared for your course and refresh your scuba knowledge.
- Get excited! This course includes 5 adventure dives and it will help you build your skills and confidence underwater while having fun with new dive activities.
So, are you ready to take your diving skills to the next level?? Contact us and book your place for the next PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course with Ocean Quest Adventures 🐳